Tournament Time

on Monday, March 14, 2011



Since the brackets came out last night I have been putting my picks together to try to make the perfect bracket. First of all there were a few snubs that didn’t get in the tournament. Colorado defiantly should have made the tournament. They beat Kansas State three times; they also beat Texas and Missouri. Another team that didn’t get in that should have is Virginia Tech. Their big win came against Duke. Every other team that beat Duke made the tournament. They also have a win against Penn State. 





Now lets talk about the Tournament and the East Region.

Ohio St has the hardest road to the Final Four. Them being the number one seed in the tournament should have given them an easier road but not in this case. In the east there is North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky, Washington, and George Mason.  I have one upset in the East and that is Marquette over Xavier. Kentucky is the team to look out for in the East, it is very possible for them to pull the upset over Ohio St. Overall I have Ohio St winning against North Carolina to make it to the Final Four.

The West Region

Duke is the number one seed, which is well deserved. They destroyed North Carolina in the ACC Championship and they will be looking to do the same thing in the West. I have a couple upsets in the first round in the West region. I have Oakland over Texas and Penn State over Temple. Oakland has a very good team and they have a seven footer, who is bound to go to the NBA, Keith Benson. It will be a high scoring game and it will be one of the biggest upsets of the tournament.  In this region I have UConn winning and beating Duke in the Elite eight to go to the Final Four. Kemba Walker is the National Player of the Year, and he has been virtually unstoppable. He can create his own shot and he can take over a game when he was too.

The Southwest Region

Kansas has a tough road. Their first round game against Boston University is going to be a shootout. Kansas has been upset in the first round in the past and it will be interesting to see how Kansas does against BU So look out for the upset. Georgetown could be the sleeper in this region. They have some big wins against Missouri, Memphis, Louisville, Villanova, and Syracuse. Don’t be surprised if Georgetown goes far in the Southwest Region. In the first round I don’t have any upsets but I do have Illinois over UNLV. Purdue is another team to watch out for. They have a very good team and the Big Ten Player of the Year, JaJuan Johnson. I have Purdue going to the Semi-Finals in the southwest against Kansas. But I think Kansas has the experience and the players to win that game.

Southeast Region

Now Pittsburgh has the easiest road to the Final Four out of all of the number one seeds. Florida is the number two seed, which is not deserved. They are a very overrated team. They have losses to Kentucky and Ohio and overall they had an easy schedule during the season. The first round upsets I have in this region are Belmont over Wisconsin and Michigan State over UCLA. I don’t think Wisconsin will be over to get over their loss against Penn State, where they scored a pathetic 33 points. Also Michigan State has Tom Izzo, who is one of the best Tournament coaches ever. If Kalin Lucas is healthy and plays up to his potential MSU should win. BYU and Jimmer should get the job done in their first couple games but I have them losing to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh going to the Final Four.

My Final Four picks are Ohio State, UConn, Pittsburgh and Kansas. I will post my winner in my next update so stay tuned!

4 comments:

collin said...

Mine are Texas, Ohio State, Purdue, and Pittsburgh

SportAholic said...

Nice blog man I'll have to follow check me out at www.sportaholic2112.blogspot.com.As for my picks i have Uconn, Byu, Ohio State and Kansas.

collin said...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Pittsburgh lost!!!

Neil said...

SportsAholic, same picks as me, I like it

Post a Comment