Weekend Wrap-Up

on Monday, March 21, 2011

So the weekend festivities are over and by that I mean the first three rounds of the NCAA Tournament have been complete. There were a few big upsets in the first three rounds and a number one seed has fallen.  Pittsburg lost to the number eight seed Butler. I was very surprised that they lost but I was surprised at how they lost. Pittsburg lost with no time left to a Butler free throw. If I was one of those refs I would have never called that foul and just let the game go into over time, but I guess that’s why I am not a ref. I had Pittsburg going to the Elite Eight but it looks like that’s not gonna happen.

Another big upset was Virginia Commonwealth. You might be asking yourself who in the world is Virginia Commonwealth, but don’t ask me cause I have no idea just like you. VCU beat Georgetown and Purdue. Beating Georgetown wasn’t as big of an upset as Purdue. I almost put Purdue in my Final Four but VCU blew them out and now VCU is on its way to play Florida St in the Sweet Sixteen. An 11th seed versus a 10th seed in the sweet sixteen, I love it.

Other than those upsets nothing too crazy happened.  Syracuse did lose to Marquette, which was a little surprising in my mind, but Marquette has a good basketball squad.

As for the number one seed in the whole tournament, well let’s just say their doing just fine with blowout wins against both UTSA and George Mason. Now they get to play Kentucky, which will be a good game but I have Ohio St winning that game as well.

As for my Finial Four picks, their all still in. In the East region I have Ohio St. In the West region I have the Connecticut Huskies, led by player of the year Kemba Walker. In the Southwest region I have Kansas beating either VCU or Florida State to play against the Southeast region champ Brigham Young University. 

1 comment:

collin said...

only half of my final 4 is still in

Post a Comment